I've recently found that my weight loss has stalled. I got down to 223 lbs (which was 2 lbs under my goal weight) but more recently I'm up to 230 where I have settled. I'm perfectly happy at this weight. Other than my excess skin which I'm hoping to have removed as soon as I can afford it, I'm very happy and feel great. But I've wondered why the stall. I've only lost 85-90% of my excess weight. (keep in mind I'm not quibbling about it, just wondering)
So I started taking a micro look at the calories I ingest every day. I am prone to eat simple carbs here and there throughout the day. Especially at work. Not a ton, mind you, but a few little cheats here and there. As I analyzed it, I realized how many calories I am letting into my diet without even really knowing it. One piece of bread is like 100 calories. All in all, I think that's how anyone eventually gains some of the weight back. It gets to where you can eat normally and so you do. You can't eat as much but you get into this false sense of security because of how easy it was to lose the weight. Now you have to pay attention.
This is why I've advocated a food journal though most people (myself included) don't do this. But with the success I had using a food journal and turning it in daily to a friend (having a competition with her for best journal really helped too), I think I'm going to go back to that, see if I can get back to 223 again.Wish me luck.
Sunday, February 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment