If you eat a lot of beef jerky, you might notice your weight loss slowing down. If you're eating the appropriate amounts, at the appropriate times, and not deviating much for your diet, then the problem most likely is the high sodium content in the beef jerky.
I LOVE beef jerky and eat a ton of it every week. It's and easy food (already prepared), tasty, and it has a ton of protein. However, it does have a tendency to cause water retention. So you can still be losing fat (your body still has to eat) but the scale might not reflect as much because of the water retention.
There are two ways I've found to fight this. (1) Up your water content. As long as you flush your body with a ton of water, it has a hard time retaining water. I usually find if I'm retaining water (even with the beef jerky) it's because I'm not drinking enough. (2) Every so often I go off beef jerky and focus on other things (and stay super close to the eating plan including my water level). This really gives your body a flush and if you've been retaining water you usually notice a huge drop in weight (though I'll warn you if you're retaining water you'll be visiting the little boys/girls room a lot over the course of the next couple of days).
I hope that helps.
Sean
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment