Okay, so quick update. As of today (2/2/09), I'm back at 225 lbs. Yay! I'll tell you, it is amazingly easy to put the weight back on even now than it is to take it off. But at least I know that I can do it whenever I want.
Now... for today's thoughts:
When I went into surgery I told myself that I wasn't going to date for 24 months. I figured with the amount of weight I wanted to lose, I was in it for 24 months. I think that was a wise choice. I'm starting to date a bit now and I've actually met someone really nice who I've started to date a bit. I hope that will work out. My self-esteem and confidence about myself is at an all new level and I've lost all the weight that I started out to lose. Now I just need to figure out to pay for and schedule the surgery to at least remove a good portion of my excess skin.
It's funny to me that people tell you that you shouldn't let your weight keep you from things but those people have never been 474 lbs. The difference in how you are perceived and treated is amazing. Even by those who it doesn't really matter much to. Since losing the weight, I feel like I've been phased into the same reality as all those who I watched live life for so many years. Finally I can experience and be a part of the same world I saw for so many years. It's exciting.
The future has taken on a million new colors and now it's up to me to make sure I make the right choices in who I elect to date, etc. And most of all it remains a MUST to be forever vigilante as to my weight, what I'm eating, how much I'm drinking. It truly is a lifelong commitment. It sounds like a daunting task but carrying around an extra 250 lbs is a daunting task. This is nothing.
Take care.
Sean
Monday, February 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment