Okay, so I'm going to let the secret out of the bag. I don't have the dumping syndrome. I've known it since about my third month after my surgery. I've still done fantastic but it bothers me that I can't completely cut sugar out of my life.
So today I went to the movies with my daughter. We stopped by the store and bought some candy out of the candy bins and took it with us. I knew I was going to eat some but I ended up eating enough that I got a severe pain in my gut. I got up and walked out of the theater for awhile but ultimately it took time for the pain to go away.
Argh!!! I'm telling you this so you will always know that NO ONE is perfect. We are all going to screw up. I know I need to learn from this (I've done it before too) and I need to remember that I have control enough to change this behavior. We can all change, work every day towards being better, and reach the goals we have for ourselves.
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment