Weight Loss

My Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Allow Yourself To Make Mistakes

So today I hit 223.8 lbs!!!

After starting at 474.1 lbs and setting a pre-surgery goal of 225 lbs and not having anyone believe I could make it, I'm pretty excited. At this point I'm not trying to lose weight anymore but we'll see where it will stop.Of course I'm one of those who really don't dump. I don't know if that's a blessing or a curse. If I eat too much sugar, I do get a bit of a rapid heart beat and depending on what I ate, I can feel icky but nothing major.

So of course what do I do to celebrate my milestone? You guess it. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Oh well, can't do anything about it now... just have to reset my determination to not do that anymore.

And that's what it's all about. Not beating yourself up when you make a mistake but learning and growing and doing better the next time. I'm convinced that beating yourself up over making a mistake just makes you feel bad about yourself and perpetuates a cycle of self-defeating behavior. You beat yourself up, then you feel bad about yourself, so you give up because you're going to fail anyway, and then you eat more crap. Allow yourself to be human and make mistakes. Don't justify making them but when you do, move on and determine to do better.

Anyway, that's the rant for today. Leaving the RMAP support message board several weeks ago was sad in that I really enjoyed helping others on their journey by letting them know what I learned over the past two (well almost) years. I wish I had every post I left on that board to put up on my blog. I think that would be so helpful. Instead I'll do the best to put my thoughts down here. If you have any questions, other posts contain my email address and I'll try to respond to any comments you might post here.

No comments: