Weight Loss

My Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Goal Weight

Over the past couple of days my weight has fluctuated between 223.8 and 224.2. I wanted to wait until I was sure I was under the 225 barrier before posting this. I'm excited. I'm now down to my goal weight of 225. That's the goal I set in March 2007 about six weeks before surgery.

One of the main things I tell my fellow gastric bypass patients is that you can get to whatever realistic goal you set for yourself. It's easy to panic when you hit a plateau and wonder if you are done losing weight. We've all done it. But logically if you just figure out how many calories it takes to run your body over the course of a normal day and then you figure out how many calories you are eating, you quickly realize that as long as you are eating less than you are burning, you are going to lose weight.

Of course then it becomes important to figure out what your body is going to burn. Is it going to eat muscle? That's what it would like to burn because its the easiest. It takes effort for your body to burn fat. So you have to keep up with your protein levels and this is a huge reason why some type of exercise is important as well. But if your body isn't eating your muscles and the calorie deficit is there, it's going to eat your fat. Yay!

I still have issues with giving in and eating the wrong thing here and there but it's a million times better than it was before surgery. I can't believe what a new lease on life I have been given. I'm not going to waste this new life, I'm going to enjoy it as much as possible.

Sean

No comments: