Weight Loss

My Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Banned from RMAP

LOL.

RMAP (really Carly) banned me from their message support board. No warning, nothing. Just a ban. Guess the truth hurts. I tell a true story and they delete it. I didn't repost it, but I guess I did mention that my post had been deleted. Suddenly other posts of mine were deleted. Then suddenly I was kicked off and banned. Nice. So much for the $500 giving you access to the support board or being able to tell a rather benign story. The moderator known as RMAPNURSE (aka Carly) rules the roost with an iron fist. There was no defamation going on there, no inflammatory language being used. But that doesn't matter. Banned.

Hmmmm. Anyway, for anyone who wants to ask questions or who misses my support, feel free to email me at sean_joyc@yahoo.com. After all, we shouldn't have to miss out on our support people because Carly has a complex.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sean, I just posted on RMAP site;

I would like to ask RMAP to consider re-instating SeanJ back to the forums. I believe that re-instating Sean would show members that RMAP has compassion and understanding. I do not believe that it would be a sign of weakness. Yes, I am asking for a favor.

I do not understand what he did to get banned. I have read posts from members and RMAP about this issue. I did read his comments about the administration or education fee. I cannot find fault with the post in the context of vulgar, slander, offensive, etc...I actually agreed with many points. I think that RMAP could improve on patient care, including patient interactions. In all fairness, basically all doctor’s offices have room for improvement.

I believe that every forum should be a safe area for people to discuss issues. I found the fee post from Sean very analytical. The post showed thought and insight. It also showed opinion as well. Since when is it offensive to the point of banning someone over posting their opinion or perspective? I find it healthy to have a civil debate to allow everyone to share their perspective. People can often gain insight from such debates or conversations.

If RMAP felt that the business was abused by the posting, I really have to ask can RMAP take constructive criticism to help improve patient care. I also believe that Sean has sung the praises of the practice numerous times. To point out concerns (fee or not being able to pass a message to provider) is something that is healthy and should be encourage by RMAP, not punished.

If I am out of line, I do apologize. I would support RMAP or any other message board for banning someone for continued abuse. However, I believe that many members of this forum would agree that Sean has been a positive influence. He is very analytical and logical on some posts. Sometimes, that may come across not as intended. However, if you review his over 600 (almost 700) posts, I can guarantee that you will find that he has been a positive influence on this site.

I am humbled by the dedication of Sean and all the other members of this site. Undertaking surgery and making life altering changes is not easy. We need support from everyone. I draw strength to continue in my pursuit of a healthier life from other members. I believe that things such as fee can and should be debated. I strongly feel that RMAP should put in an area for complaints. Some members just need to vent. Some need to share experiences. I believe that RMAP could improve patient care and make their business even better if they allowed people to voice concerns, whether it is about fees, interactions with staff, insurance, or other problems. For any business to be blind or deaf to the concerns of it clientele lays the groundwork for failure.

Again, I apologize to members and RMAP is I am out of line. My intent is not to be offensive. I am grateful for every on this site and their dedication, their power, their energy, their desire and their love.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Mark
***** above is message I posted.

Sean, you are an inspiration to me. I wish you the best and would like to be friends. I am grateful to you for your experiences and willingness to share and to uplift.

Mark
waabulo
mark.waabulo@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Sean, my post on RMAP was removed after 4 views. I am not totally surprised, but greatly disappointed. It is a shame that RMAP (nurse I believe) does not believe that others should view my post or have a voice on the site.

I am not interested in trying to change RMAP and will not put forth more effort except maybe to pm other members that I think feel the same way.

Mark

Anonymous said...

Sean,
I was new to the board and did not post much but read almost all of your posts.. all forty some pages that you can see just by looking at your profile.. after only reading a few of your educated replies... thankfully you have more than a couple of friends on the board that have voiced their opinion.. I do believe they owe you access after paying your administrative fee, but would not blame you for not pushing it.. some people just like to push their authority..

Hugs to you for all you have helped..
Sandy

Sean Joyce said...

Thank you both for your comments. I never posted anything that was contrary to the RMAP guidelines. I have been amused by those who have agreed with RMAP. They have fallen in two camps, those who just automatically agree with any administration and have no real knowledge of anything or those who, for some reason, did not like my posts. Fortunately most do not fall into either camp. There's nothing that can be done about it, Carly is the ultimate dictator but RMAP will (unfortunately) pay the price for it. Bad customer service such as what is happening with RMAP right now has a way of damaging a company (even one that I like as much as RMAP) and once the damage is done, it cannot be undone. There isn't a lot I wouldn't do for RMAP but they don't wish to do more than to shove me away.