I received an email from another RMAP patient today. Seems she has the same concerns about Carly as I do. I'm going to post her email but I'll leave her name out of it.
Sean, Sorry to hear about Carly. I have also had a few run ins with her and I think she is horribly rude. When they changed up the website and she announced that she was moderating, something inside me was like, "Oh No!!" I haven't posted anything since, and only been there to read a few times. I am using Obesity Help more now. But I have to say that your support was so important to me when I was preparing for my surgery adn soon after. Thanks so much!! sorry that Carly has to be so rude- if I treated people at work like she treats patients, I would be out of a job!! Thanks for sharing. Hope all is well.
Saturday, January 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi Sean, congratulations on your success! Ummm... which one is Carly? is she the dark-haired young one, or??? can't say I've had a whole lot of contact with her, if she's the one I think she is. As far as the admin fee, to be honest I never really gave it any thought but maybe I should have. I have never seen the newsletter, where do I find those? I'm guessing the fee covers the monthly support group meetings, the binder, pre- and post-op classes, and the mysterious newsletter. I had Dr. Simper, for a revision of a previous lap band which eroded and had to be removed. He was able to do my surgery laparoscopically, and that alone was worth the surgery. But for the life of me, I just can't understand why you were banned from the board. So what, if we ask for explanations of fees? that seems reasonable to me. But to ban a patient? unconscionable (sp?) anyway, will bookmark your blog, hope to read more soon.
Patty, Springville
patty7194@aol.com
Patty.
Honestly I never gave the $500 educational fee a second thought either. I still don't. I don't think I was banned for that. The basis of what I said about that fee was that when you boil it down it's about the educational support (pre- and post-surgery). If you use that support then it's worth it. RMAP requires the fee because in their experience patients are the most successful when they do use the educational support.
What I was banned for (I believe) is for relating my story about Dr. Smith and Carly. I love Dr. Smith. He's a phenomenal surgeon. At my year mark he told me to check back with him in 6 months. Not for a visit but just to see where I was weight-wise. At 18 months, I tried but Carly refused to let me see or even talk to him without paying for a visit. I know she didn't even talk to him about it. Dr. Smith and my mother worked together on several surgeries at the SL Surgical Center when she was an anesthesiologist there. If Carly had just asked him and he had said "no" I'd been fine. I then made the point that RMAP would do well to raise their customer service (which is not just my opinion).
Anyway, I'm banned. Oh well. The kicker is that I have a friend on the board. She posted that she didn't agree with the ban. Two members on that board (who don't even know me) have said I was warned several times and didn't heed the warnings. What? Ummm...no. There were no warnings. Makes me wonder if they are just making that up or if perhaps Carly is trying to defend her actions.
Personally I'll survive. I enjoyed helping the people on the RMAP board as I was helped by others on the board through my journey. But I ceased to seek support through that board along time ago.
Take care Patty and I hope to talk to you soon.
Sean
Post a Comment