Weight Loss

My Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, June 26, 2009

Exercise / Trainers

Mmmmm. It's raining outside so I have the window open. I can't think of a smell I like better than rain. I should put my laptop in a poncho and go out and sit in the rain. I love summer rain. With that said, while I love the rain I do hope it won't rain all weekend. I have been really looking forward to getting on the bikes with Faith and getting out there.

I've had so much work on my plate over the past month that I've had to take a lot of it home with me. It has been that or sleep at work. Fortunately I've been able to watch the HBO series "Weeds" as I've been working. That has kept it from driving me too much insane. Good show by the way. I've made it a priority not to let my work interfere with my time with Faith and I've remained accessible to my friends and family but it has kept me from being able to get out and do a lot.

Anyway, the stress has been difficult to deal with. It's been hard not to fall back on bad habits and from time to time I do. Yesterday, however, I tried something different. Rode my bike over to a nearby park and went around the trail 8 times for a total of 6.4 miles (estimated). I didn't really have the time to do it but it was great. I need to do that more often.

I've also decided to investigate using a trainer. I used to work with this amazing woman. She has a daughter who is trained in physical fitness and martial arts and does personal training (online and in home/gym). I will probably post more about that later; however, if you want to get hooked up, let me know.

Just remember that your weight loss journey is only half of the trip. The other half is learning to live healthy and proper exercise and a good cardio make-up are essential to help you get there.

No comments: