Weight Loss

My Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, June 22, 2009

Calories / Lagoon

So even though I'm not being as restrictive as I have been, I'm still finding that I'm not eating anything out of the norm. The biggest change really was on Friday when I added a couple of slices of cheddar cheese. This weekend zoomed by and I had to remind myself to actually eat. For Father's Day we spent a few hours at Lagoon. As always I forgot to eat until my low blood sugar reminded me. My daughter and I split a chicken rice bowl at Teriyaki Stik. Some chicken and a bit of rice. That was my deviation for the weekend. The funny thing is I don't really deprive myself (okay, so for my week long experiment I did but not as a general rule). I just watch how much of anything I eat and know where my triggers are.

Anyway...... I weighed this morning at 207.2 lbs. Nice.

Last Friday I also read a few articles which reminded me how easy it is to rack up calories. Amazingly so. This is why it is so important to understand how many calories are in everything. If you can estimate the amount of calories you are putting into your mouth then you are way ahead of the game.

One slice of bread is approximately 100 calories. Buffalo Chicken Salad at Chili's is over 1,000 calories. And so on. Get in the habit of knowing the calories now. It will help you estimate and that will help you tremendously.

No comments: