Weight Loss

My Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Eating and Exercise - An Ephiphany

Day four. Okay, so I was thinking this morning that I'm really not eating any different now than I was about 18 months ago. It's really similiar, actually more along the lines of how I should have been eating back then but we won't get into that.

So I've stopped thinking what I'm doing is unhealthy. Can I do it my entire life? Well, I could but I doubt I will. What I'm actually doing right now is eating four times a day. Three times at 200 calories or slightly less and the other is a snack under 100 calories. So that's putting me between 650-700 calories per day. If you add the flavored water, that's between 100-150 calories per day. All in all it boots me under 1,000 calories. But I'm still getting around 60 grams of protein per day.

This all aids in my push for 195 lbs. But how am I going to stay at 195 once I get there? Easy. That's where the exercise push comes in. I'm telling you here and now, right here, that exercise every day is the thing. As Disney puts it: You've got to move it, move it. Okay, so Disney didn't invent that line but I just say Madagascar 2 with a friend and my daughter so it's what came to mind.

I have a lot of goals when it comes to exercise. And let's talk about goals for a minute. I know some of you have talked to me about this in the past. Having an end goal is important but if that's the only goal you have, then your chances for failure are good. You need to have a long-term (end) goal but you also need to have several short-term (stepping stone) goals. Stepping stone goals are your pathway to your end goal. For example, I want to run a half marathon next spring in Ogden. How am I going to get there?? Well, by pushing myself on the elliptical, getting out and biking, starting to run and as my body accommodates, increasing the amount that I do each day.

As I'm a person who likes things to happen overnight (gets me in no end of trouble -- usually with other people), I like to jump into things too fast. This is no exception. But I'm working on holding myself back, being patient, and putting in the every day work that is required to get me to the level I want. Do I have a timeframe? Not really other than next spring. I don't really do timeframes well anyway. But in the back of my mind, I'd like to be tremendously closer by the end of July and that's the push. If it happens, great. If not, well I know I'll get there eventually, you know?

Email me if any of this doesn't make sense to you. I think it's important.

No comments: