Weight Loss

My Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Exercise - Ongoing Progress

So as many of you know, I had a bad couple of weeks due to stress about my job, etc. I gained 5 lbs and I was sitting at my scary weight of 220 lbs (yes, my new scary weight). This past week I've been trying to drink my water, I've been conscious of my daily caloric intake, I've cut out most carbs and I've spaced my meals. It's something I've dealt with every day but to be honest it hasn't been too hard -- other than I've had to be conscious about it.

Today I weighed in at 216 lbs (4 lbs down in a week). Not bad. So today I kicked it up another notch. I'm 6 weeks out from all the surgery I had so I need to get back on the exercise train. Here's something that many of you might not know... when you exercise it is easier to eat better. You might ask why. I'm not totally sure but it might be because of the reason you exercise, the fact you can feel your muscles afterwards, and that it makes you feel better all over (definitely makes you happier). Exercise can be cathartic if you let it.

So 40+ minutes on the elliptical (something that I'm going to incorporate in my routine as a daily activity from here on out. The result today has been nothing short of amazing. The caloric burn on the elliptical was about 470 calories and my caloric intake today was 1100. You do the math. Now let's see where I'm at in another week. With any luck I'll be back down around 212 lbs and in better shape. These 6 weeks of taking it easy due to the surgery has put a damper on the progress I had made at getting more fit.

No comments: