Weight Loss

My Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, June 29, 2009

Bonding through Exercise

Alright. So here's the scoop: I'm currently at 210.6 lbs. This actually seems to be the ideal weight. It's too much of a push to get below this and as long as I'm eating right this seems to be where my body wants to be. This will change, I'm sure as I finish my plastics but for now I'm good.

I've been out walking and biking a lot lately. I walk 6.5 miles almost every day now. I'm working on getting faster at completing that distance. On top of that I've been getting my daughter and I out on the bikes as much as possible. This past Saturday we rode our bikes over to the movie theaters. At the end of the ride (just before the theaters), there is a relatively big hill. I got up it without much trouble but had to stop and wait for my little one. You could tell she didn't want to do it but I give her credit, she plugged away, and amid cheering from the people at the apartment complex pool as they urged her on, she made it. I was so proud.

Anyway, it's been a hug daddy-daughter bonding experience. It's amazing me how much bonding getting out and doing a little exercise can occur between two people.

I've also been tanning for the first time in a REALLY long time. I don't want to get super dark (and doubt I could if I wanted to) but I do want some color. I thought that I would get a jump start using the salon down the street from me. It's been interesting, to say the least.

Anyway, today I'm filling out the paperwork to work with an online trainer. I'll keep you in the loop as to how that goes. I know we're all always on the look out for something that will help us be successful and maintain that success. It's my hope this will prove to be a powerful tool. As always, tune in for more information on this new adventure.

Take care and have a great Fourth of July.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted you to know you have been a great help to me .
I had GB in Jan.2001 and have done really well until my 4th child was born and I gained 30 lbs .
I became extremly aniemic and had a transfusion ( which was fine)
but I can not lose this wt .I have tried a few things I shouldn't have but then I found your post .
I am going to go back to the 4-6 oz and lots of water .
It is MUCH harder this time now that I can eat normally again.
I just cant be fat again. My wonderful husband is very suppotive no matter what but he does not know the struggle I have or the fear .
Thank you for your ramblings I find comfort in them and hope.