It's amazing to me how easy it is to live under 700 calories a day. If you had asked me 2 years ago if I could ever see it happening I would have thought you were crazy. But yet I've been on this kick all week. Today is day 5. Yesterday I ended up with 480 calories (plus whatever little amounts of calories I take in to flavor my water).
I'm now at 211.4 lbs. Yep. That was what I weighed in at this morning. That's almost 9 lbs down from when I hit my scary weight. The push is on to break the 200 lbs barrier. I'm exercising at least 5 times a week too in order to keep my body from breaking down muscle. Add to that the fact that I'm ingesting 20grams of protein immediately after every workout (have to love the EAS shakes).
Some have asked if this is a reaction to what I've been talking about in my personal blog. I guess it is a little bit but I actually started this before that happened. Others have asked how long I plan on doing this. I honestly don't know. At least until I get past the 200 lb barrier. And I don't think I'm opposed to occasionally eating out with friends/family/colleagues but then it would be the only meal of the day (most likely).
The ultimate question is when will this become a habit? After 28 days? Or will it always be something that will require my mental focus in order to happen? I mean it is fairly easy but it does require discipline. I have to watch and remind myself not to just eat because I think it's time.
Anyway, this is proving to be a very interesting experiment. More to come later.
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment