Weight Loss

My Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

RMAP: Ray Wilde

I meant to post this earlier but I haven't had time yet. Last week I talked to Ray Wilde, the office manager for Rocky Mountain Associated Physicians about the issue that occurred between Carly and myself. I'm pretty sure I already posted about it. At the end part of the week, I followed that up with an email to him (per his request) outlining my perspective on the entire situation. He was supposed to get back to me by yesterday and I haven't heard from him yet but I am still hopeful. I would like to continue working with RMAP and I remain in disbelief that by relating what I thought was a small negative experience snowballed into me being banned from the message boards and into something that now involves Meredith and Ray. I never thought telling a story could have such an impact.

Anyway, two days ago a friend of mine (RMAP patient) started experiencing strong pain in her rib area. Yesterday she called RMAP and talked to Carly. Carly contacted Dr. Smith and Dr. Smith talked to her and she ended up going to the hospital where they operated and fixed the problem (I won't get too detailed because that's her story to tell). Anyway, as she related this story to me, I thought about what I would do if in the same position. Due to this situation, I don't know whereas I would be comfortable calling RMAP which irritates me. It irritates me because I had no malicious intent at relating my negative experience. I didn't even think it was that much of a negative experience. It was just relevant to the conversation going on in the forum at the time and fit the topic of the post which was saying that the one area RMAP could improve in was customer service. I stated in that post, however, how great I think RMAP is.

Oh well. Hopefully I'll hear from Ray and this issue can become a thing of the past. It would be nice to feel again like if something were to go wrong I could feel comfortable in calling RMAP.

Sean

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am very anti RMAP....The problems you are reporting are long standing...years and years....the mentality of the RMAP staff and surgeons is that wls patients are stupid. They have no respect for the people they serve. It is just a cattle call and cha ching for them. The bottom line is that they want to do your surgery and nothing more. Their program is a joke and a rip off. Make no mistake RMAP is the worst place to get treatment for obesity.

Sean Joyce said...

I'm sorry you feel this way. I'm also sad that you felt you needed to post your comment as "anonymous." I value everyone's opinion and believe everyone should have a venue where they can state their opinion under their true name and not worry about retaliation. Thank you though for sharing.

I don't necessarily agree or disagree with your statements. Suffice it to say that where I do disagree with you is that if I had to do it over again, I wouldn't choose a different surgeon to do my gastric bypass. My mother worked as an anesthesiologist for over 30 years in the SL valley and as we investigated the possible surgeons who do gastric bypass it quickly became evident that there simply isn't a better surgeon than Dr. Sherman Smith. I have been glad I chose him since the very first day after surgery (especially with the minor hiccups that happened with my gallbladder once I was under).

As for the "rip-off" as you call it, I have to assume you are referring to the $500 educational fee. Again as I've stated before, even on RMAP's own message board, the fee is worth it if you take advantage of the support meetings. Program or not, support through this is valuable. I relied heavily on the message board when I first started because my schedule didn't allow me to attend the monthly meetings. Can their support and customer service be better? Yes!! And that's the viewpoint that got me in trouble (mostly because, I guess, how I expressed it). But I am seeing a real effort on their part to improve and that speaks volumes to me. By providing them our feedback through appropriate channels, that allows them the opportunity to get even better.

ray wilde said...

I appreciate the supportive comments Sean. I hope that we can be a practice that spends more time listening to our patients... We do value your input!!

Respectfully,

Ray Wilde
Practice Administrator
Rocky Mountain Associated Physicians