Weight Loss

My Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, March 2, 2009

New Email from Meredith

Meredith called and left me a voicemail today. I was unable to take the call or return her call today because of work but after her email (see below), I don't see any reason for making that call. I'll post my reply after this but it's obvious that this is going nowhere. It's sad. It would have been nice to have resolved this and let bygones be bygones but oh well. (btw, let me ask you, when the "banning" is the issue and someone offers a resolution, wouldn't you think that implies a reversal of the banning? As you read Meredith's email, ask yourself that question).

Sean,

I called you and left a voicemail today wanting to speak with you regarding our current miscommunications. I would prefer to speak over the phone or in our office; however, it appears e-mail is your correspondence medium of choice.

First of all, I really appreciate the second follow-up e-mail to your previous one this morning. I feel I must speak honestly and I need to let you know I was quite offended by your words. I feel I have been trying my absolute hardest to appease the situation and keep anger at bay. I hope you can recognize that.

Second of all, it appears some mind-reading has been occurring on both of our parts. In my resolution with Carley, nowhere did I state part of the deal was to reinstate you to the boards. I apologize if you ever felt differently. When you offered your help to current and future RMAP patients, I assumed you meant in a different educational capacity, i.e. support group. It appears when you offered your services to us, you meant to be reinstated to the boards. This is a miscommunication that I do hope we can resolve.

In your previous contact with RMAP, we made it clear to you that in order for forum reinstatement to occur, a letter of apology addressed to the surgeons would be necessary. Because that has not happened, we must still stand by our decision to not allow you to post on our forums. I know this is difficult for you, and is not the resolution you were hoping for; please know I understand that.

I feel I have very much so stood by my word, as RMAP has moved on from the situation. I do not see where we have fallen short of that promise. I also do not see how I have pushed you away, as I gladly accepted your offer to help RMAP patients in the future in my very first e-mail to you. Again, I apologize for that miscommunication.

We have support group every month and I do not see a better place to start helping RMAP patients than our support group. Your $500 fee for education goes to support group; it is up to you whether or not you utilize the resource.

Due to our history of misunderstanding one another through e-mail, I recommend that we either speak over the phone or in person to further resolve the issue, if you would like.

Thank you,

Meredith, RN
Education Director

No comments: