It's officially been 1 month since my plastic surgery. I'm healing much faster than I thought. I can see now what the surgeon meant about possibly needing revisions. I guess when they take so much skin (as I had), it's hard to get it all due to the swelling, etc. Now that the swelling is mostly gone I'm seeing where more needs to go. Fortunately my surgeon does revisions in his office for a much reduced rate. I'm hopefully that for $1,000-$1,500 I'll get all the revisions I want done and over with. The healing rate for the revisions should be quite a bit faster than for the major stuff that I had done a month ago. All in all this is exciting.
And **suprise!!** the numbness that I had going in my abdominal region is quickly disappearing. I have a friend who had a tummy tuck and her chest done at the same time. She is 8 months out and still numb. She says she expects the numbness to take a year or two to go away. That's alright except the numbness is irritating. It just takes time for the nerves to grow back. However, I'm thrilled with how fast the numbness for me is dissipating.
Anyway, I have my daughter again this weekend. It's been nice to be closer to 100% and to be able to get out of the house and run around. She wanted to have a sleep over with her best friend on Friday night. Her best friend's mom is pretty upset at my ex and since we are great friends it wasn't hard to work out the arrangements. They had a ball and were not happy mid-afternoon on Saturday when everyone had to go to their separate houses.
This weekend is a lot more fun than the previous two I spent with my daughter simply because I'm physically about 90% of normal. My lower abdominal muscles are not quite 100% and the center, lower part of my abdominal area still bugs me (I think it will until after revision) but otherwise I can't really complain. We've been running all over the place.
So much more I wanted to write but it's going to have to wait until later. Got to run.
Sunday, May 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment