Weight Loss

My Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

General Ramblings [Recovery/Plastics]

In my last two days of recovery before headed back to work. I'm glad to be going back to work as I'm bored out of my mind but I'm also a bit worried as I'm nowhere near 100%. When I'm up too much my lower abdominal area swells and hurts. It's swollen all the time but it gets worse. However, I don't know if another week would fix that. Doc says it will take 3-4 months for everything to get back to normal.

Don't know when stage two of the process is going to take place. Hmmmm. Going to have to figure that one out. Ideally I'd like it to happen this year but I don't know if that will work or not. What I do know is that the scars are jagged and ugly. I know in time there will be some fading but what about the jagged part? I guess I was hoping for some tight little scar lines. I'll have to talk to him about that. Perhaps there's something that can be done for them on the back end.

This is going to end up being all about money. I need to have the excess skin on my back removed which will also pull my chest skin tight. I expect that will involve the surgical center again so I expect that to be expensive. I'm also going to want to have a revision on my abdomen, I can tell that already. $250/hour and it will probably take 4 hours. I'd like the skin on my neck pulled up (though I guess I could live without it). Don't know if he'd do that in-office or not. If he would, that's $250/hour again and who knows how many hours. And finally I'd like to have the excess skin on my lower legs (in particular my calves) pulled tight. Again I don't know if he'd do that in-office or not. But basically if he's willing to do many of those in office, I'm still looking at a couple of years to get everything done and a couple of years to heal completely. *sigh* I just wish I could get it all done right now and be done with it -- then two years down the line be completely healed and have it be a memory. But it's really a money issue. I don't have enough to get everything done right now.

Okay there. So now you've discovered my world. I'm not a plastics addict. I promise. I'm not looking for the perfect body, I just want to make the one I have a good one so I can enjoy my newfound freedom as much as possible. I can't wait until I can jump on a mountain bike again and go out with my daughter. Fortunately this past weekend with her was rainy. She really wanted to go biking and was bummed when she found out I couldn't go. But the rain helped to soften that blow. Who knows when the swollen part of my abdomen and the stitched up incisions of my inner thighs will be ready for that. Hopefully soon.

No comments: