Got on the scale today and *surprise!* 212.4 lbs. So exciting. 210 is just around the corner. The most interesting thing is that I haven't had a simple carb in 8 days now. The weight loss is related to that as well as the plastic surgery but the result is that I'm more dedicated to eating right now than I ever was before.
Speaking of plastic surgery, I'm feeling good today (day 8). In about 30 minutes I'm going in to have the last drain removed. Also, I'm almost able to stand up straight. At least enough so that it's not uncomfortable as it was before. I can do most anything, I just need to take it easy on the abdominal muscles.
At this point the hard part is having the patience for the incisions to scar over, the scars to become pliable (if you don't know what I mean by this let me know), and ultimately for the scars to fade. But I've got time. I'm just impatient.
By the way, what I've learned over this recovery period is that there is a show on Comedy Central called "Krod Mandoon and the Flaming Sword of Fire" that is absolutely hysterical. The first time I saw it, I went "cheesy!" but as I've watched it (out of boredom), I realized the pure comedy genius of the show. It's so worth watching.
Friday, May 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment